This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
With a lot of theme regions and a lot of blocks to move around, the form at
Block Admin Light provides a light-weight alternative to this form, with a huge textarea instead of the tabledrag element. You can move blocks around by moving the rows of the textarea.
As a bonus, blockadminlight will detect your cursor position (using the 3rd party jquery.caret.js plugin), and display controls and information for currently "selected" block. Such as: Edit this block, edit this menu (for core menu blocks and contrib menu_block), edit this view (for views blocks). You can write plugins to show useful links for blocks defined by any module.
Server side / connection:
- Shorter page build time.
- Smaller file size for the delivered html page.
Client side performance:
- Reduced complexity of the html document: No big tables, no separate form elements for each block.
- Easier migration/deployment of the blocks configuration, by simple copy+paste.
- Block weights / positions can be edited in a texteditor.
- Can be restricted with permissions.
You all get a chance to test this thing before it gets a 1.0 release. At the moment I don't see much that is missing for 1.0, but we will see what you guys complain about.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Module categories: Administration
- Reported installs: 5 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,323
- Last modified: 2 December 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.