Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Blocks instances module allows users to render a block in different places when some conditions are met.
A block instance is a set of conditions that determine which block renders in a specified region. Each block instance can render a single block.
- Display a block multiple times in different regions - and with different weights.
- Export the block instances using features.
- Compatible with boxes.
- Provide two levels of access to administrate the module allowing to:
- Restrict the regions where a block can be placed.
- Restrict who can edit the block instance.
- Restrict which blocks can be rendered in the site.
- Restrict which regions are available for blocks.
- Pass arguments to views blocks.
Although Block Instances works in a similar way to Context, both modules are incompatible to display blocks. This means, you can use Context, but not to render blocks..
- Chaos Tools ctools. 6.x branch
The following projects allows to render blocks multiple times too. But they have other specific use cases.
- Pros: much more flexibility to configure when the block has to be renderd.
- Cons: Hard to configure for the end user. All contexts are editable without distinction.
- Pros: much more faster.
- Cons: Not exportable. Less flexible.
See the screencast: http://vimeo.com/20329051
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Display, Import/Export
- Downloads: 5,691
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.