Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Upgrade watchdog entries to entities and replace default database log listing with a view, which grants advanced filtering options and filtered deletion as a bulk operation.
The module creates an entity wrapper around database log entries and enhances the watchdog listing by replacing it with a view. Beside type and severity, additional filter options were introduced such as date and author.
The possibility to change the number of listed entries per page has also been added.
Database clearing has also been customized, now admins can clear only the filtered entries, if needed.
The provided view is accessible to the admins and can be fully customized as any view, to fit one's needs.
Update: Rules integration capability. A submodule has been added which provides Rules events, conditions and actions.
This module is aimed to help developers. It may come in handy when:
- database logs are checked simultaneously by a bunch of developers - filter by users
- you need to remove only older entries
- you need to view logs from a given time period
- other advanced filters and log clearing
- NEW! integrate logging functionality with Rules!
How to use
- download the module and place it under 'sites/all/modules/contrib' folder
- with Drush use: drush dl better_watchdog_ui
- enable the module from the modules page: 'admin/build/modules'
- with Drush use: drush en better_watchdog_ui
The Better Watchdog UI requires the following modules to be installed:
- Entity API
- Views Bulk Operations (VBO)
- Rules - only when using Better Watchdog UI Rules submodule
Porting to D8 of some functionality and submodules won't be necessary, because of the following:
- makes the Better Watchdog UI Entity module obsolete
- should be an implementation of the main Better Watchdog UI module, feel free to contribute here, and we'll see what is left to port
Rules integration option is on hold, for the moment, Rules in D8 being in dev phase. This submodule will be ported, in the worst case as a standalone module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer, Statistics, Utility, Views
- Reported installs: 1,541 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 7,245
- Last modified: August 13, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.