Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Basic boasts a clean HTML5 structure with extensible CSS classes for unlimited theming possibilities as well as a top-down load order for improved SEO. It is fully responsive out-of-the-box and provides an adaptive, elegant, SASS mixin library and grid system.
Basic's goal is to provide themers the building blocks and best practices needed to get their designs up and running quickly and simply.
Basic is perfect if you want a simple, smart, and flexible theme starter.
Notice: The Drupal 5 and 6 versions of Basic are not under active development and no new features will be added to these branches. New features will only be added to Drupal 7 and 8 versions.
- Very simple and easy-to-modify architecture
- Responsive out-of-the-box
- SASS ready with Bourbon mixin library
- Grid Framework provided by Bourbon Neat
- Base styles inspired by Bourbon Bitters
- Grunt build tools for code compilation and asset optimization (optional)
- Drush install/renaming script (new for Drupal 8)
- BrowserSync for live updating when theming on your localhost
- SEO-friendly and easy-to-modify layout
- Great class system for body, node, blocks, comments, navigation, list items ...
- ...and more
Use Basic with SASS and Bourbon
Basic's CSS files have been compiled with a preprocessing language called SASS (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets). For more information on SASS, visit http://sass-lang.com/
We also utilize Bourbon, a comprehensive library of SASS mixins that are designed to be simple and easy to use. The mixins aim to be as vanilla as possible, meaning they should be as close to the original CSS syntax as possible.
What Sites run on Basic?
- The Jibe
- Umeboshi Shoes
- Klei Entertainment
- ...and more
- Contact me to add to the list!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 5,578 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 212,709
- Last modified: September 13, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.