The Barcode module provides a text field to generate barcode images.
- FreeType Support and GB Support enabled for PHP
- Barcode for D6 requires content.module to be installed.
- Place the entire barcode directory into the directory in which you've chosen to place contrib modules (usually sites/all/modules).
- Enable the barcode module by navigating to: administer > modules
- Copy your font to the barcode/ folder (D6)
- Finish the configuration at admin/content/barcode (admin/settings/barcode in D6 v2 and admin/config/media/barcode in D7 v2) specifying the location of your font file and the desired encoding.
- Add barcode fields to your content types as desired.
- Generate a barcode image on the fly. It supports QR Code, EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, ISBN, 2 of 5 Symbologies (Strandard, Industrial, Interleaved), Postnet, Codabar, Code128, Code39 and Code93 symbologies.
- You can also display the barcode as simple text, or an image.
- You can provide your own font file at
Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0
v2.0 dev releases are now available for both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. Attempts at upgrading from D6 v1.0 to D6 v2.0 and then to D7 v2.0 successfully, but definitely back up your database be upgrading.
- The title/annotation of barcode support for D7 was left out. If you need title or annotation, please use field group or field collection together with Barcode module
- Please back up your database before trying this with any kind of important data.
- CCK support was moved into a separate barcodefield.module file in D6. This have been refactored for D7 Field API and moved back into barcode.module. So, one less module!
- You'll need check this out for migrating the data:
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, E-commerce, Media, Mobile, Utility
- Reported installs: 1,547 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 27,781
- Last modified: December 2, 2014