Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This project allows for flexible auto tagging of your content types via a pluggable interface that makes use of 3rd party services to provide the tag context.
As a point of disambiguation, this module differentiates itself from the AutoTag module in that it doesn't rely on pre-defined vocabularies. Instead, this module sends node content through any number of third party services to determine what the content is about.
*** This module is currently in beta. While you can use it in a production environment, your mileage may vary. Feedback and issues can be sent to the issue queue, which is actively monitored.
- Yahoo! Terms Extraction - NOTE: Yahoo deprecated this service in December, 2010. Currently seeking a developer to help port this module to the YQL API instead
- Install the Autotagging API module
- Install the Autotagging TagThe.net module
- Configure at least one tag-style Vocabulary
- Visit the Autotagging settings page, select the vocabulary you created above (in, for example the "Topic" type)
Yahoo Terms integration
** NOTE: See above, as yahoo terms integration is deprecated. **
Unlike TagThe.net, Yahoo Terms doesn't return different categories of information. It does, however, return phrases for topics instead of single words.
- You will need to get a Yahoo! Application ID from here. Note that yahoo restricts the number of queries to 5000 per IP address per day. Nothing we can do here.
- Install the Yahoo Terms module
- Under Autotagging settings, fill in your Application ID gotten in step 1.
- Optionally specify the vocabulary to add yahoo terms to.
- You will need to get a API Key for OpenCalais support.
- Once you have your key, enable the module and paste it in on the settings page and you should be good to go.
- Fail-case and retry support if remote service can't be contacted.
- Better documentation of hook system.
- D7 module
- CRON-time processing of terms
- Suggest terms instead of auto-accepting them
Development of this module sponsored by WorkHabit.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Taxonomy, Third-party Integration, Utility
- Reported installs: 105 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,485
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.