The Drupal 8 version of the Audio Field module is a full rewrite from the Drupal 7 module. This module allows you to upload audio files and play them on your site using one of several audio players available. It supports most audio formats (depends on the selected audio player).
Currently the module supports the following audio players, which must be downloaded and installed as libraries:
- Default HTML5 audio player (built-in)
- Audio.js - https://kolber.github.io/audiojs/
- jPlayer - http://jplayer.org/
- MediaElement - http://mediaelementjs.com/
- SoundManager - http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2
- WordPress Audio - http://wpaudioplayer.com
All of these supported audio players offer customization options in line with those made available by the audio players themselves. Those players above which are themable offer theme options as well. If you would like to see additional audio players added, please file an issue in the issue queue and we will do our best to accomodate the player.
View the module's README file and see the Documentation for more information.
Audio Field module adds new field that allows you to upload and play audio files in HTML5 audio player or one of selected Flash players. Currently it supports 6 different Flash players (needs to be downloaded, see README) and it provides API for easy addition of new players.
Currently this module supports this 3 audio formats: MP3, Wav, and Ogg. Other modules can implement support for other formats using AudioField API.
See the Documentation.
Select default player
Go to admin/settings/audiofield and you will see list of available players. Player you select will be used as default player for all audio files.
Add audio upload to the content type
First you must add audiofield to the preferred content type. Adding a field is done as adding any other field, select field type of "File" and widget of "Audio Upload".
You can add audiofield to any entity type (node, comment, user, taxonomy, etc...)
How to upload and play audio file?
After adding audiofield to content type you can upload audio files when creating new nodes. Uploaded audio files will be rendered in default player you selected in admin form.
Originally this module supports only mp3 audio files. But other modules can extend this support by implementing hook_audiofield_players() in their modules.
For example see the Documentation.
Modules using AudioField
-record audio from microphone + wav player
- Audio Converter
-convert your audio files to mp3 using FFMPEG or SoX Utility
- Phone Recorder Field
-record audio through Phone call and play in one of AudioField players.
How can you get involved?
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker.
- Contact the maintainer with any comments, questions, or a quote for custom module customizations.
Tamer Zoubi can be contacted for paid customizations of this module and for Drupal consulting and development
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Fields, File Management, Media
- Reported installs: 12,230 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 94,405
- Last modified: 11 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.