Audio Field module adds new CCK field that allows you to upload audio files and automatically displays them in a selected audio player. Currently it supports 6 players and it provides API for easy addition of new players.
See the Documentation.
Select default player
Go to admin/settings/audiofield and you will see list of available players. Player you select will be used as default player for all audio files.
Add audio upload to the content type
First you must add audiofield to the preferred content type. Adding a field is done as adding any other CCK field, select field type of "File" and widget of "Audio Upload".
In Drupal 7 you can add audiofield to any entity type (node, comment, user, taxonomy, etc...)
How to upload and play audio file?
After adding audiofield to content type you can upload audio files when creating new nodes. Uploaded audio files will be rendered in default player you selected in admin form.
Originally this module supports only mp3 audio files. But other modules can extend this support by implementing hook_audiofield_players() in their modules.
For example see the Documentation.
Modules using AudioField
-record audio from microphone + wav player
- Audio Converter
-convert your audio files to mp3 using FFMPEG or SoX Utility
- Phone Recorder Field
-record audio through Phone call and play in one of AudioField players.
How can you get involved?
- Report any bugs, feature requests, etc. in the issue tracker.
- Contact the maintainer with any comments, questions, or a quote for custom module customizations.
#D8CX: I pledge that AudioField will have a full Drupal 8 release on the day that Drupal 8 is released.
Tamer Zoubi can be contacted for paid customizations of this module and for Drupal consulting and development
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, Fields, File Management, Media
- Reported installs: 12,038 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 82,514
- Last modified: April 12, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.