The Apply for Role module allows users to apply for roles and allows role administrators to approve the role applications.
- When the role administrator approves a role, it is automatically assigned to the user.
- When a role application is denied, the user is prevented from applying for the role again until the application is deleted.
- Deleting an application for an approved or denied role removes the role from the user in the core user and Apply for Role user tables and allows the user to apply for that role again.
- Users can apply for a role on signup, with a message
- New role applications can be set to email administrators letting them know applications have arrived
- Emails for approval and/or denial can be enabled and customized
This module requires views.
This module is now under active development for D7.
7.x-2.0alpha1 has now been released. It features all of the D7 patches submitted to the queue that were tested and working as of 2/12/2014, and includes new administrative functionality for emailing users on acceptance and/or denial, along with ability to email administrators or custom email addresses when new mail comes in.
The 7.x-2.x-dev branch is where all the fun active development will happen going forward. As with all dev branches, play at your own peril, and PLEASE contribute your findings as patches or issues in the issue queue!
Incase you encounter errors with the 7.x-2.0-alpha release, the 7.x-1.0-Beta9 branch was a relatively stable working release. There were some minor bugs and a lot of missing functionality, but it did work for the most part. Feel free to roll back if there are issues but PLEASE document what the issues are in the queue!
If anyone wishes to continue with the 6.x branch of this module, you're welcome to join up. This module is "seeking co-maintainer" for the 6.x branch specifically... but as I doubt anyone will show up for this the module does not reflect this. I personally however do not have the time nor desire to pursue both the 6.x branch and the 7.x branch.
The 6.x and 5.x branches remain available but they are no longer supported and no active development is occurring with them.