Accents is simple module that removes accents from words to provide better search results. For example "á â Å ã" all become "a".
After installation you will need to re-index your search.
In the Drupal 6.x version, an administrative setting was added to allow the module to remove accents during search indexing. The setting is FALSE by default and will generally not be necessary since the Drupal 6.x search module handles database collation properly. If search results for accented characters are not being handled correctly, this setting can be enabled to
have the module remove accented characters during a re-index. Search must be re-indexed after changing this setting in order to test the results.
- Maintenance status: Unknown
- Development status: Unknown
- Reported installs: 43 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,665
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.