Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This is the newest version which will only work on views 3.
Changes Since Version 2
- Singleframe and Thumbnailhover have been combined into the Views Slideshow Cycle module. Singleframe and ThumbnailHover are still available, but are marked as legacy modules. They will be removed in the next major release. There is no migration path from singleframe/thumbnailhover to cycle.
- Support for plugin-able pagers. So other modules may add their own pager types. You can see an example on how to do this here http://drupal.org/node/903250
- Support for skins. You may now create a module that allows you to add your own skins so one can easily change the layout of the slideshow through the settings. You can see an example on how to do this here http://drupal.org/node/909020
- More templates. If you look in the views_slideshow/contrib/views_slideshow_cycle/theme directory you can see there are numerous tpl.php files you can use to override the default style of the slideshow.
- Redesigned settings page. The settings page has been redesigned to offer the most used features by default so one can quickly get going. You can find additional options under the advanced settings checkboxes.
- Significantly re-factored advanced options. Each advanced option has it's own textarea. This will allow you to enter multi-line settings without problems.
Things still may change so although this release is stable enough to use there may be api changes in future beta releases. The api and settings will not be considered stable until a final release is completed.