Chat Room allows you to add an embedded chat to nodes (or any other entities). The module provides a chat room field type that you can add to your content types. Each node that has this field will function as a separate chat room.
The module relies on Node.js integration. In order to use it, you will need to set up a Node.js application on your server (except for 6.x).
The 6.x version does not require Node.js, although it is not scalable.
- Install Node.js integration module. See its documentation on how to set up Node.js on your server.
- Install and enable this module.
- Add the Chat Room field to a content type.
- Create a new node of this content type, and configure the chat room on the edit page.
- Visit the newly created node to start chatting.