Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Hey Allie, et al,
A client of mine was looking for node by node role based access like control. Premium sounded at first like what we wanted; but, unless i am confused i think it only replaces $node->body with custom message. Not quite what we needed; but your module certainly provides the groundwork for what we are trying to put together. Here are a few "enhancements" i have either already done or will be doing in next couple days. Just wanted to see if any interest in any of them to be provided as patches for Premium.
Not exactly in priority order, but close:
- do actual node access control - i.e. non-premium can see teasers but not allowed access to full node [done]
- make this an admin configurable option [done]
- hide cck fields as well as body in both teaser and full node views [done]
- support multiple roles [likely next]
- support different mesage for each premium role [next next]
- select which cck fields to hide [right now i simply hard code which not to hide for my client's specific requirements - but making this configurable might be nice; just not sure he'll fund it]
I think we had a couple others.. but thats going to be a pretty good start for his project.
Any interest in patches for any of these?
Anyone have any interest in this as a new module if Allie doesn't want to patch Premium?