Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-085
- Project: Insert Node (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x
- Date: 2009-October-28
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Insert Node module provides an input filter that enables a node to be inserted within the body field of another node.
The module fails to sanitize the inserted node, making it vulnerable to a cross site scripting (XSS) attack.
- Insert Node module versions for Drupal 5.x prior to Insert Node 5.x-1.2
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Insert Node module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version.
- If you use the Insert Node module for Drupal 6.x there is nothing you need to do.
- If you use the Insert Node module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Insert Node 5.x-1.2
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.