Posted by Fidelis on
I have a full-time casual employment opportunity at the CS-02 level (annual salary of $54,014), details as follow:
- Employer: Government of Canada, National Defence Headquarters, Office of the Judge-Advocate General, Comprehensive Information Management Project (CIMP).
- Job: Products Analyst
- Level: CS-02
- Main responsibility: Under direction of the Project Director, provide advice and implementation support with regards to the deployment of a JAG intranet community web site based on Drupal 4.7. This *may* include the development of a Common Look & Feel Drupal Theme, a bilingual capability for content (issue somewhat raised here) and support to the development of any Drupal wiki module (e.g. the Liquid Wiki Module). The Project Director will provide assistance and support in developing the content architecture (i.e. new content types using flexinodes, taxonomy and controlled vocabularies, etc.). Development will be iterative and additional end-user features will be progressively added . Any theme and module development will be shared back with the drupal community.
- Type: Casual Employment. Under casual employment, there are no benefits (medical, dental, paid holiday etc.) and you can work a maximum of 90 working days. We accordingly let this employment opportunity for the maximum period. Casual employment is a great opportunity to get to know government from inside.
- Period: Starts on May 22nd, 2006 or as soon as possible thereafter; to end after 90 working days as negotiated with the successful candidate. In other words, if you want to take some leave throughout this period it's fine - we will accordingly adjust the employment end date.
- Hours: Flexible hours.
- Language: You must speak either French or English (both is an asset).
- Qualifications & Experience: PHP Zend certified, you at least know and have already deployed drupal-powered web sites. You have contributed to the development of drupal themes and (ideally) drupal modules or core. and if you already have your "Enhanced Reliability Check" done it's great - but not necessary.
- Contact: Major Patrick Cormier, Project Director.
- Place of Employment: National Capital Region, Ottawa, Canada (must relocate and work from the office).
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this employment opportunity and what you can bring to us. The letter should also state that you are willing to relocate to Ottawa for the duration of the employment contract;
- Your resume / CV;
- Your drupal.org username;
- If applicable - portfolio of Drupal web sites you were involved with, and a description of your personal contributions to each web site (design, content architecture, theme development, etc.);
- If applicable - description of your contributions to the Drupal community.