I'm certainly new when it comes to Drupal, started working with it only 4 months ago.
At the moment I'm trying to create a forum for the school I'm working for.
I created a site/data base locally using Drupal 6.9 on a Xampp. Works fine once you get to know it, and thanks to the great help found in this and other fora.
Where's the catch? My school's IT-team advised me to buy a domain/web hosting space at one.com.
So I did...
Since 3 days I've been trying to install both drupal and my database at one.com, using Filezilla to upload and make .htacces visible.
I don't manage to get Drupal installed! Meaning: I don't even get the first installation page of Drupal when I go to my domain... And I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Here's what I did sofar, following instructions in this thread and others (drupal.be):
- I downloaded a clean copy of Drupal, unpacked it locally and uploaded all files to the domain's root using FTP
- I adapted the .htacces file (which strangely I can see in filezilla, but not at one.com's file management screen? - because one.com is Linux-based?) by uncommenting the options as follows:
# Don't show directory listings for URLs which map to a directory.
# Options -Indexes
# Follow symbolic links in this directory.
# Options +FollowSymLinks
- I inserted username, password and database name in the following line in settings.php (sites\default). Should I do the same in default.settings.php? Or only in default.settings.php?:
$db_url = 'mysql://username:password@localhost/databasename' ('localhost' is localhost at one.com?)
- do I have to adapt the line $db_prefix = ' ' ? Don't think so.
- tried to deactivate DNS for *.domain.be (where domain is our domain:), as this should help enabling mod.rewrite, but I reactivated it, since deactivating this blocks all communication for ftp.domain.be (of course:)
Nothing seems to Work. Or perhaps I'm just modding tot much? Who's willing to help me doing it all over with a small step-by-step instructions guide?
Once Drupal is running... Where do I copy my database to? And how? The one.com phpmyadmin screen hasn't been much of a help (https://dbadmin.one.com/).
Apparently it is not possible to run cron at one.com. Is it okay if I run it locally before uploading database?
What is the best way to make Drupal work at one.com:
- clean installation, then uploading sql via phpmyadmin at one.com, then uploading database?
- or uploading all files frome localsite (whereto?), then run Drupal first time by going tot domain?
Thanks a lot in advance!