Closed (fixed)
Project:
Drupal core
Version:
11.x-dev
Component:
other
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Task
Assigned:
Unassigned
Issue tags:
Reporter:
Created:
1 Oct 2025 at 11:40 UTC
Updated:
6 May 2026 at 10:10 UTC
Jump to comment: Most recent, Most recent file
Comments
Comment #3
quietone commentedComment #4
quietone commentedThis is a somewhat large change set but it is just formatting changes.
Comment #5
smustgrave commentedCongrats @quietone on landing this rule.
One of the few times gitlab wasn't great for reviewing but applied locally and spot checked a few and they seem fine to me.
Comment #8
needs-review-queue-bot commentedThe Needs Review Queue Bot tested this issue. It no longer applies to Drupal core. Therefore, this issue status is now "Needs work".
This does not mean that the patch necessarily needs to be re-rolled or the MR rebased. Read the Issue Summary, the issue tags and the latest discussion here to determine what needs to be done.
Consult the Drupal Contributor Guide to find step-by-step guides for working with issues.
Comment #9
quietone commentedRebased with no conflicts, Linting has passed so restoring RTBC
Comment #10
needs-review-queue-bot commentedThe Needs Review Queue Bot tested this issue. It fails the Drupal core commit checks. Therefore, this issue status is now "Needs work".
This does not mean that the patch necessarily needs to be re-rolled or the MR rebased. Read the Issue Summary, the issue tags and the latest discussion here to determine what needs to be done.
Consult the Drupal Contributor Guide to find step-by-step guides for working with issues.
Comment #11
smustgrave commentedBot rebellion
Comment #12
longwaveAdded some feedback, there's also a bunch of merge conflicts.
Comment #13
quietone commentedComment #14
dcam commentedI'm sorry, but this needs another rebase.
Comment #15
quietone commented@dcam, thanks
Comment #16
smustgrave commentedNeeded another rebase for node.module
Comment #17
dcam commentedThe tests are still running for the latest rebase, but I'm going to assume they'll pass.
I did my own review of the changes. I verified that all code has been preserved and nothing was lost, except notably in
batch.incwhere thearray_merge()was removed. There are a few things that I might have done differently, but that's the case with all code, right? They aren't worth mentioning. All feedback has been addressed and the MR comment threads have been closed. This looks good to me.Because of the far-reaching changes in this MR and the large number of other maintenance issues that are going on right now I've decided to add the "Avoid commit conflicts" tag.
Comment #18
longwaveDoesn't apply to 11.x, do we want to go through the hassle of backporting in order to keep things in sync or not? Not sure which way to go there.
Committed and pushed b36ea26601f to main. Thanks!
Comment #23
berdirBrought this also up in this slack thread: https://drupal.slack.com/archives/C079NQPQUEN/p1776093790215669
When I tested, I was able to cherry-pick this onto 11.x without conflict. My argument for backporting this would be that this includes several changes to locale include and some .module files, code that we are in the middle of converting, so we will have multiple other issues that will have conflicts on their backports.
that said, we probably need to open a MR to check if there aren't other places that the phpcs rule affects, or only backport the changes without enforcing the rule, as this would also impact contrib modules that rely on the core phpcs configuration. Setting to needs review to make a decision on that, we should IMHO decide to either backport it now or then not, before we start backporting issues like #3577671: Modernize locale file handling which would then conflict again with this.
Comment #24
quietone commentedI made an 11.x branch and MR. It isn't showing in the issue summary though. The MR is https://git.drupalcode.org/project/drupal/-/merge_requests/15452
Comment #25
berdirThanks, setting to RTBC to make the decision here. I confirmed that cherry-picking the main commit from #3577671: Modernize locale file handling only conflicts on the locale.services.yml file.
Comment #26
catchCommitted/pushed to 11.x to make other backports easier, thanks!