Problem/Motivation

The functionality in Drupal\sdc\Utilities::isRenderArray is not specific to SDC. It was introduced to fit a particular need, but it fits better in the Drupal\Core\Render\Element class.

Proposed resolution

Since we cannot change core to serve an experimental module, we are deferring this to when #3340712: Add Single Directory Components as a new experimental module is merged and we are working towards stabilization of SDC in #3345922: Single Directory Components module roadmap: the path to beta and stable

Issue fork drupal-3352858

Command icon Show commands

Start within a Git clone of the project using the version control instructions.

Or, if you do not have SSH keys set up on git.drupalcode.org:

Comments

e0ipso created an issue. See original summary.

dww’s picture

Title: [PP-1] Move isRenderArray from SDC to Drupal\Core\Render\Element » Move isRenderArray from SDC to Drupal\Core\Render\Element
Status: Postponed » Active

Blocker is in, this can proceed.

elber’s picture

I will try to see it.

elber’s picture

Hi can you give more detials?

dww’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review

I pushed a commit with the needed changes to the MR branch. That was easier for me than explaining it. 😅

elber’s picture

I will review it.

e0ipso’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

@elber I am familiar with this code. If you don't mind I can do a quick RTBC.

  1. The code is moved to the Element class.
  2. The calling code is updated.
  3. The tests are moved to the corresponding test class.
  4. The old class is removed.
  5. The old test class is removed.
  6. All tests are passing in 10.1.x.

This looks good to me and straight forward. RTBC.

e0ipso’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Postponed

Setting this to Postponed, since we have to wait for the 10.1.x-alpha1 to be tagged before we can merge this one in 10.1.x-dev.

Apologies for not thinking of this earlier.

Version: 10.1.x-dev » 11.x-dev

Drupal core is moving towards using a “main” branch. As an interim step, a new 11.x branch has been opened, as Drupal.org infrastructure cannot currently fully support a branch named main. New developments and disruptive changes should now be targeted for the 11.x branch, which currently accepts only minor-version allowed changes. For more information, see the Drupal core minor version schedule and the Allowed changes during the Drupal core release cycle.

e0ipso’s picture

bbrala’s picture

bbrala’s picture

Status: Postponed » Reviewed & tested by the community

Removing postponed status, it could be merged in the the parent issue that will move everything i think. So back to RTBC. Perhaps we should wait with merging until we have a more clear path on theother parts?

e0ipso’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Needs work

@dww any chance you can update to MR to merge against the branch 3345922-single-directory-components instead of 10.1.x?

bbrala’s picture

There should be a Mr made for that merge also. But it won't show in here since it is made through gitlab.

I made a Mr to the parent branch for each issue.

bbrala’s picture

Hmm, this was the pre existing one. I might have not done that.

dww’s picture

I can work on it Tuesday if no one beats me to it. 😅

dww’s picture

Hrm, there's no issue fork at #3345922: Single Directory Components module roadmap: the path to beta and stable. 3345922-single-directory-components doesn't seem to exist.

Did y'all want this rebased vs. https://git.drupalcode.org/issue/drupal-3352256/-/tree/3352256-meta-move... via the issue fork at #3352256: Move code from the experimental SDC module to core?

e0ipso’s picture

I think this is fine. As @dww pointed out this was already RTBC, and it will be reviewed by core committers in #3352256: Move code from the experimental SDC module to core.

Question is, what should be the status of this? Fixed?

Maybe @lauriii can help with the status.

e0ipso’s picture

Status: Needs work » Fixed

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.