At present, the module supports the Label Detection for a given image. The function establishing a connection with the API resides in a class Connector, which is being statically called inside the module.
Also, the present function uses curl.
1. Create service for the connecting functions, and use of containers.
2. Use of Drupal httpClient over curl.
3. Add functions for the remaining functionalities which the API supports, including Landmark Detection, Logo Detection, Text Detection, Safe Search Detection, Face Detection and Image Attributes.
(This is the first task of my GSOC project)
The last patch posted in the issue implements the following points:
1. Services have been created and implemented instead of static calls to the functions in the module.
2. curl has been replaced by httpClient service.
3. Functions for the remaining functionalities supported by the API have been added to the class.
4. Instead of concatenating strings in the data (which is to be sent to the API), we now use arrays.
5. Implementation of Json utility class and its static functions.
6. Service Connector has been replaced by service GoogleVisionAPI.