In Drupal 8.0.x the UI allows us to create a new view mode for a comment type, but there is no way to use that view mode without writing a custom formatter. Ideally, there should be a setting on the built-in comments formatter that allows us to specify a particular view mode should be used for the comments on a particular content type.
- Add a new Comment field formatter setting
view_mode, defaulting to
- Add an update path to set this setting on existing formatters.
- Test the update path test.
- Allow the new setting to be configured from the view display form.
- Calculate dependencies for the new setting and add appropriate reactions on dependency removal or disable.
User interface changes
Data model changes