I began a review of the forum test per boombatower's matrix of outstanding items. During the review, I noticed: 1) the current test does not evaluate user permissions, 2) uses drupal api function calls to perform certain tasks instead of invoking the actions via the internal browser, and 3) generally does not verify results using
drupalGet (other than once). Thus, I rewrote the test so that it is consistent with other reviewed content-related tests (e.g. blog).
1) On a forum topic addition (node/add/forum/$tid) page, the taxonomy select value is set by drupal code when the tid is part of the url. However, unless a tid is passed in the edit array, when drupalPost runs, the select value is not preserved. Instead, the post variable seems to pick up the first non-blank value in the select list.
2) The "Active forum topics" and "New forum topics" lists include multiple references to a forum topic if the topic was moved between forums with a shadow copy. The links are to the same nid.
3) The "Active forum topics" block would not display when running the test. I commented out the statements that test this.
taxonomy_vocabulary_load function returns NULL. The
isset($vocabularies[$vid]) returns TRUE (because the variable is set to 'false') instead of reading values from the database. Thus, using api calls to backup and restore the forum taxonomy settings fails and would cause subsequent tests to fail. To complete the test, I queried the database directly. I will suggest a patch to core.