Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- User translates the front page view to some language.
- User goes and changes the front page view, ie. makes it a table with fields instead of a node view.
- User DOES NOT update the translation manually.
- Now the translated version will use the translation still corresponding to the OLD structure of the view, so invalid residual pieces of row styles, etc. will show up.
May lead to all kinds of strange consequences. Also applies to other kinds of overrides.
When a configuration changes, overrides should be re-saved and only keys still overlapping with the original configuration should be kept. All other keys should be dropped. This may be applied to any kind of override.
Brought this to CMI meeting:
1. This is an API addition, not beta blocking.
Postponed on since it implements override storage where save for overrides fires no events. Otherwise this is hard/impossible to implement because now language overrides are in general config and have events fired.
3. This could be implemented as a base class for overrides that would listen on save events and update its overrides.
4. Then language overrides would extend from this base class instead of just implementing interfaces.
Marked as beta target because this API addition would be nice to do before beta so modules can extend from that. Eg. domain module for its overrides.
User interface changes
None, however overrides are now suggested to extend from ConfigFactoryOverrideBase.
|#26||interdiff.txt||4.8 KB||Gábor Hojtsy|
|#26||2268939-config-override-save-26.patch||10.27 KB||Gábor Hojtsy|
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 74,333 pass(es). View
|#24||interdiff.txt||2.72 KB||Gábor Hojtsy|
|#24||2268939-config-override-save-24.patch||10.29 KB||Gábor Hojtsy|
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 73,173 pass(es). View
|#22||interdiff.txt||1.78 KB||Gábor Hojtsy|