Default baseline variables
The following are the baseline variables available to all template files. They are generated through the preprocessor function, template_preprocess Drupal 6 or template_preprocess Drupal 7. Variables specific to the template are documented inside the file.
New Variables available in D7
Variables available in both D6 and D7
- The placement of the template. Each time the template is used, it is incremented by one.
- Either "odd" or "even". Alternate each time the template is used.
- The theme path relative to the base install. example: "sites/all/themes/myTheme"
- Boolean returns TRUE when the visitor is a site administrator.
- Boolean returns TRUE when viewing the front page of the site.
- Boolean returns TRUE when the visitor is a member of the site, logged in and authenticated.
- Boolean returns TRUE when the database is active and running. This is only useful for theming in maintenance mode where the site may run into database problems.
- The user object containing data for the current visitor. Some of the data contained here may not be safe. Be sure to pass potentially dangerous strings through check_plain.