This issue has novice tasks. If you are an experienced core developer and have multiple commit mentions, please review novices' work on these tasks rather than doing them yourself. Feedback from experienced contributors is valued.
There are references to theme functions in core docs that are now converted to Twig templates and therefore don't exist any longer (broken links on api.drupal.org is just one negative effect this has).
- theme_field() is now (or will soon be again!) field.html.twig
- theme_item_list() is now item-list.html.twig
- theme_image() is now image.html.twig
The theme function to Twig conversion effort () does a lot of things and each patch goes through quite a rigorous process. But we're certainly not perfect!
Search through core and find all references to theme_ functions. Update them if they are referencing theme functions that no longer exist or have been converted to Twig.
- Write patch (novice)
- Review patch to check it fixes the issue, the change is properly documented and for coding standards. Provide test evidence (novice)
- Keep issue summary up to date (novice)
Beta evaluation: This is just API docs and code comments (documentation), so it is an unfrozen, prioritized change and allowed during beta.
User interface changes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 82,051 pass(es). View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 81,962 pass(es). View