Suggested commit message:
Issue #2213451 by andypost, bdone, benjy, penyaskito, chx, claudiu.cristea, damiankloip, gregboggs, InternetDevels, jessehs, jhedstrom, marvil07, mikeryan, pcambra, Xano, YesCT: Update Migrate API in core
This patch brings everything in the migrate module up-to-date and incudes any changes and dependent files from migrate_drupal. Our plan is to have this API committed and then create separate issues for Drupal 6/7 to Drupal 8 migrations which are in the migrate_drupal module.
The patch was generated from the IMP sandbox with the following commands:
git diff upstream/8.x core/modules/migrate > 2208061_16.patch
git diff --diff-filter=M upstream/8.x core/modules/migrate_drupal >> filename.patch
git diff upstream/8.x -- `cat d6_files` >> filename.patch
d6_files.txt is attached, these are new/deleted files and they are necessary to get the changed files in migrate_drupal to pass the tests.
- Get this in.
- Submit a patch including all the D6 to D8 migrations. We are finished with this one (sneak peek) and that gives us confidence in the changes submitted here.
- Submit a patch including all the D7 to D8 migrations, just begun work. The data storage changed little compared Drupal 6+CCK and the completed Drupal 6 work includes CCK (and Profile) which gives us confidence that we will be able to tackle Field API easily.
- In parallel, create an UI in migrate_drupal. It is ~80% complete. Expected to be completed by the time this gets in. Another UI is expected in contrib.
User interface changes
This patch does not provide any UI changes. The main UI will be provided by migrate_drupal. It is being worked on.
The following API additions/changes are included:
- A dependency system supporting both soft and hard dependencies.
- A mechanism for terminating a process pipeline early
- A mechanism for skipping a row during process
- New entity + entity revision destination plugins and derivatives
- Every other destination plugin necessary (I can think of UrlAlias off head)
- A proxying password service for migrating MD5'd user passwords. This is borderline migrate_drupal material but we thought it was generic enough to be mainlined.
- The source and destination IDs are now in the plugins and not the migrations.
- New annotations.
- Countless cleanups, minor fixes, doxygen fixes etc
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] 66,408 pass(es).
[ View ]
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [PHP 5.4 MySQL] Unable to apply patch 2213451_9.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information.
[ View ]