Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Image handling in Drupal needs to be better integrated and the functionality improved so that:
* entry level users can upload images and included them as inline content (e.g. in blogs, articles, pages and possibly blocks)
* no HTML coding should be required
* uploaded images should be available for inclusion in Galleries
* the functionality should be available either by just installing the image module, or preferably, as part of the core for Drupal 7- nearly every website using Drupal would have cause to show some images, and many would show a lot.
* the image handling should be easily invoked via a standard interface/API so that rich text editors can access it.
* technical settings and clutter should be avoided in simple dialogue boxes, but accessible via an "Advanced settings" button on the dialogue box
* special tags should be avoided in content that is visible to users, or at the preview function should render the images included using them.
* input filters should be enabled to display any special tags rather then this having to be located and set manually,
* dialogue boxes and functionality needs to be browser independent.