Updated: Comment #25
There's a duplicated set of field types in core (see Original report) but core's "initial field types does not have widgets and formatters.
number modules code into
Inherit them for text and number module at least
figure out the core's default formatters|widgets
|Task||Novice task?||Contributor instructions||Complete?|
|Update the issue summary||Instructions|
|Update the issue summary noting if allowed during the beta||Instructions|
User interface changes
Original report by @yched
Most base fields still use the "initial" set of field types that were introduced with the initial Entity/FieldNG patch.
Those have no widgets/formatters, and many of them duplicate the "configurable field types"
- Needless duplicates means confusion & memory clutter for field type plugin definitions
email / configurable email
string / text
- we are starting to leverage widgets/formatters on base fields
Several issues are touching this area:
- sub-issues opened from
- some other issue I can't find about user signature
We probably should:
1) take a broader overview of our current list of "base only" field types, and decide what to do with each of them.
2) then open sub issues per entity type and change the field types of their base fields accordingly (will probably affect the base table schemas)