Upload image is great for sites where users just expect to 'attach' pictures to a node and they appear properly. With the increasing use of views it's really useful to be able to get these pictures for posting the first thumbnail into the front page list. Or even if you are overriding the default node page, with panels, to be able to place the images where ever (and however) you want them.
The attached patch adds views:
* fields for all available image sizes for upload_images
- images can be as links to the image node or not
- images can be displayed with their title
- an option of number of images to display can be made
- an option of which image to start displaying from can be made
* fields for all files uploaded with the node that are not upload_images (like upload_image.module does when splitting off the non-image files). It uses the same format as the similar field packaged with the views module.
* a filter for nodes that have/have not got upload_images attached to them
Would be great if you could review it.