enabled metatag module, & goto add content page it shows below error..
The Page title is using the following invalid tokens: [node:title], [site:name].
The Description is using the following invalid tokens: [node:summary].
The Canonical URL is using the following invalid tokens: [current-page:url:absolute].
The Shortlink URL is using the following invalid tokens: [current-page:url:unaliased].

thanks in advance,


DamienMcKenna’s picture

Priority: Critical » Normal

Had you used a previous version? Do you have the latest Token module?

Nikhil Banait’s picture

Run cron manually and clear the performance cache.

swishstar’s picture

I had a similar issue. However, I had "another error" that was happening prior to my save and once I cleared that up, then this one went away. So be sure to clear all errors that appear on "other pages" first. In my case, I had a pass-by-reference that Drupal didn't like that probably didn't allow the Token module to load properly.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Component: User interface » Other tags
Issue summary: View changes
Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Need more details.

crutch’s picture

I experienced this error after completing upgrade d6>d7. Flushed cache and all that.

Default is still not accepting tokens. If when you manually enter something in Default, like the site name, then the page saves and tokens are able to be used for all the other fields.

I'm just beginning reconfig of site and theme. If using admin toolbar, just begin running through the list of items under the "Configuration" menu item and when reaching Page Title, is when the issue happens.

BenWrighton’s picture

#2 worked for me on D7.

EgbertB’s picture

#2 also worked for me in d.7.22

chaz1975’s picture

I tried running Cron followed by clearing cache but that didn't work.

In the end I reloaded the same version of the Token module and that seemed to do the trick.

I'm using Drush so the command is drush dl token-[version].

david_garcia’s picture

This problem happens if the token_info cache gets corrupted or is incomplete, in those cases even some token provided by core are not loaded.

I am trying to isolate a reproducible case in which this happens consistently, because a core cache get corrupted first (hook_info) preventing modules exposing tokens in module.tokens.inc files to have their tokens recognized (including core tokens exposed by the system or the node module) this ultimately leads to the failure in the original report.

#2457269: Incomplete hook_info cached if there's an error/warning during module_load_all

askibinski’s picture

So this suddenly appeared on a site to me too... Running cron and flushing all caches (also manually) does not help.

- Drupal core 7.35
- Token 1.4
- Metatags 1.4

I guess I can try to upgrade token to 1.6.

askibinski’s picture

Upgrading to token 1.6 and a drush rr did seem to fix it in this case.

brooke_heaton’s picture

#11 worked for me.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Fixed

Metatag currently requires Token module v1.6, so I think this should be a-ok now.

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

numbtongue’s picture

Not sure of the side effects but for my case I was able to fix it by disabling metatag for node->Content type on this page yourdomain.com/admin/config/search/metatags

parvind87’s picture

Running cron and subsequently clearing the cache fixes the problem
I am using drush so following commands need to run -
drush cron
drush cache-clear all

semitruckrepair’s picture

I try everything you guys recommended above but i still can't post i'm getting this error code

The hreflang value for English (English) is using the following invalid tokens: [node:url-en].

any help what i should do this is new site just start the development and i'm stuck
other provlem feed importer module it want let me see the choose file button
any suggestion help will be great thanks

DamienMcKenna’s picture

@semitruckrepair: Please create a new issue and I'll be happy to look into it with you. Thanks.

Samba B’s picture

#2 worked for me. Thanks!! I have been replacing the metatag.tokens.inc to resolve this. Thanks again for making me realize that I am doing wrong.

leisurman’s picture

For me I get
The Block title is using the following invalid tokens: [node:field-sidebar-title].

I am using token 7.x-1.6
File entity 7.x-1.5

When I run cron I get error
EntityMalformedException: Missing bundle property on entity of type node. in [error]
entity_extract_ids() (line 7880 of /var/www/html/upgrade2a/includes/common.inc).

There is Schema mismatch in my file_entity table

jas.yayas’s picture


I just disabled Metatag: hreflang (metatag_hreflang) module and issue resolved.

Dont forget to clear the cache and run cron