Updated: Comment #78
There are currently two .tpl.php files in core and they are only used for automated tests that ensure PHPTemplate still works. Everything else has been converted to .html.twig.
The Twig conversion patches committed as part ofgot rid of a lot of references to .tpl.php but not everything.
Additionally, some preprocess functions should be updated to comply with Template preprocess functions documentation directives.
- Create a patch that updates all relevant occurrences (in documentation) of .tpl.php to .html.twig. There is a separate issue for the non-documentation Views changes:
- Convert specific tests like HtmlTplPHPAttributesTest to more generic tests, for example HtmlAttributesTest (see #36 and #38).
Example of what we need to update, from default.settings.php:
* A custom theme can be set for the offline page. This applies when the site
* is explicitly set to maintenance mode through the administration page or when
* the database is inactive due to an error. It can be set through the
* 'maintenance_theme' key. The template file should also be copied into the
* theme. It is located inside 'core/modules/system/maintenance-page.tpl.php'.
* Note: This setting does not apply to installation and update pages.
# $conf['maintenance_theme'] = 'bartik';
Patch needs to be reviewed and tested to make sure everything was covered (see #78).
User interface changes
Simultaneous effort to fix things in smaller patches by chris_hall_hu_cheng:
|PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,433 pass(es).|
|FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch drupal8.documentation.2049207-104.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information.|
|PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 58,799 pass(es).|
|FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch drupal8.documentation.2049207-89.patch. Unable to apply patch. See the log in the details link for more information.|