I have filed these issues against the 7.x-2.x branch:
There is an issue though: some of these js libraries require jQuery versions that do not ship with the default Drupal core:
- latest Superfish 1.7.4 mentions requirement for jQuery 1.7+:
Which versions of jQuery is the Superfish plugin compatible with?
The Superfish plugin is compatible with jQuery v1.7 and later. It also works with jQuery v1.9.0+ as of Superfish v1.5.0 and I strongly recommend you use it.
- hoverIntent r7 mentions requirement for jQuery 1.9.1+:
* hoverIntent r7 // 2013.03.11 // jQuery 1.9.1+
There is jQuery Update of course and with its help people can get Drupal 7 to use jQuery 1.8 (even 1.9 with the latest patch from ).
We also recently got Libraries API., so people can override the versions of the js libraries we ship the module with with which ever version is the latest available by using
But all these require additional work and novice users might not be able to cope. So here's the plan:
1. We ship 7.x-2.x of Nice Menus with which ever versions of js libraries work with Drupal core out of the box. More advanced users can optionally install Libraries API and jQuery Update and upgrade these js libraries.
2. We create a new 7.x-3.x branch that requires both Libraries API and jQuery Update. This branch will ship without any js libraries and instead will require that users download the latest available versions under /sites/all/libraries. Since latest versions will be used in this branch, we can now easily implement because the latest version of Superfish (after 1.7.3) supports mega menus:
v1.7.3 Alter JS to allow mega-menus. Provide mega-menu CSS and example page. Added bower.json. Resolve some jsHint issues.