Follow up for #1964648: Create configuration schemas for editor module

Problem/Motivation

*.schema.yml files has different label("Langcode", "Language", "Default language".) for 'langcode' field.

Proposed resolution

We can stick with 'Language' where we can't be changed and 'Default language' where we can.

Remaining tasks

Update all schema files once all schemas are in. Can check http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/drupal?status%5B%5D=1&status%5B%...

Original report by @Wim Leers

http://drupal.org/node/1964648#comment-7306084

Files: 
CommentFileSizeAuthor
#17 1971490-3.patch3.07 KBbalagan
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,045 pass(es). View
#7 1971490-2.patch2.66 KBbalagan
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,011 pass(es). View

Comments

Wim Leers’s picture

Title: Standardize label of longcode field in schema files. » Standardize label of langcode field in schema files.

Typo fix :)

Wim Leers’s picture

Component: editor.module » config.module

This is not specific to editor.module, it really is a CMI module. Best-effort recategorization.

alexpott’s picture

Issue tags: +Novice
balagan’s picture

Assigned: Unassigned » balagan
Issue summary: View changes

I already cannot find any label: 'Langcode' occurances, carrying on checking label: 'Language'

balagan’s picture

Assigned: balagan » Unassigned
Status: Active » Needs review
FileSize
477 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,108 pass(es). View

There was only one occurance that I could find on the UI, I have changed that to 'Default language'.

balagan’s picture

Assigned: Unassigned » balagan
balagan’s picture

FileSize
2.66 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,011 pass(es). View

I have just realized that I have changed a wrong entry (not a langcode). Now I have changed all the other occurances to Default language. Also did a search for 'Language code', there was only 1 of it.

Status: Needs review » Needs work

The last submitted patch, 7: 1971490-2.patch, failed testing.

Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

Status: Needs work » Needs review

7: 1971490-2.patch queued for re-testing.

Status: Needs review » Needs work

The last submitted patch, 7: 1971490-2.patch, failed testing.

balagan’s picture

Status: Needs work » Needs review

7: 1971490-2.patch queued for re-testing.

YesCT’s picture

I think we made an effort to have the label in the schemas to match what the UI labels are.

I'm not sure we should now change the schemas... without also standardizing what the UI has.

Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

[3:33pm] YesCT: GaborHojtsy: I'm not sure.
[3:33pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: on? 
[3:34pm] YesCT: Did anyone compare where the changes of the langcode schema label are made with the forms in the regular UI?
[3:35pm] YesCT: I think in the schemas were make to have labels that match the UIs so that translators could more easily orient themselves to the translation form, and find the bits that match in the regular settings forms.
[3:35pm] YesCT: GaborHojtsy: ^
[3:36pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: I discussed this with balagan
[3:36pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: in person
[3:36pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: basically (a) this does not show up on translation forms ever
[3:36pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: (b) the difference between "Language" and "Default language" is highly academic
[3:36pm] YesCT: ohhhh it's that langcode
[3:37pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: although you can change the language of things like a vocabulary or menu, it will still be the *default* language because then you translate it, then it is in a translated language
[3:37pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: so for all top level langcode values in a config file, it is the "default language" of the file
[3:37pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: as in "Language of this file/entity"
[3:37pm] YesCT: that makes more sense.
[3:40pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: yeah I'm not sure comparing UIs one by one is useful here
[3:45pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: it is lots of work for very little gain and the whole issue is theoretical 
[3:45pm] GaborHojtsy: YesCT: consistency among the schemas would be good, since this is not shown on the (translation) UI anyway
[3:46pm] GaborHojtsy: my 2 cents 
YesCT’s picture

I agree. If these are ones that never show in the UI, then making them consistent is a very good idea.

vijaycs85’s picture

looks good to me, but we might not covered all schema files.

balagan’s picture

I check it again

balagan’s picture

FileSize
3.07 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 59,045 pass(es). View

Sorry, I have missed the block.schema.yml file. Enclosed a new patch.
Now there should not be any more *schema.yml file with label: 'language', label: 'language code' and label: 'langcode' strings, all were changed to label: 'Default language'

Gábor Hojtsy’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

Looks good as per above :)

vijaycs85’s picture

just doubled checked all schema files and seems the patch in #17 covering all of them (we got 26 instance except those 7 in patch, all of them already got 'Default language'). So +1 for RTBC.

webchick’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

Nice clean-up.

Committed and pushed to 8.x. Thanks!

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.