- D8 requires a one extension per directory rule since .
- This rule is not enforced in any way.
- Enforce one extension per directory by using a static .info file name.
/core/modules/node/node.info.yml » /core/modules/node/extension.yml
/core/modules/system/system.info.yml » /core/modules/system/extension.yml
extension.ymlis meant literally; i.e., "extension" is NOT to be replaced with the extension's name.
- This inherently prevents two extensions to live in the same directory.
- That's a critical aspect of D8's new architecture, but it is not enforced anywhere.
- Therefore, an
extension.yml(or perhaps even
composer.yml?) file for each extension inherently enforces the architectural requirement that is not enforced in any way yet.