Here for the community? On May 9th, we'll be in New Orleans. Don’t miss out!
I tested this module and decided to disable and uninstall it. Now I noticed that I can't un-check to disable it. There are no dependencies. See screenshot.
Its not a module bug! You will see there's a a link called Field list "Required by: Drupal (Field type(s) in use - see Field list )" If you click on that link you will see the entity types that have a "user reference" field in it. You must remove the fields before uninstalling.
you have to delete all this module-provided fields, After deleting fields you will see "Required by: Drupal (Fields pending deletion)" for that you need to run cron ( may be multiple times ) that will complete the deletion process. After that you'll be able to disable/uninstall this module.
I hope it will help you!
Thank you very much for your response. I wish you were right, but I was certain that I deleted all the fields related to this module prior to posting in the issue queue. I'm attaching a screenshot of my Field list page. You can see that it doesn't have fields related to User Reference module. The only reference fields on this list are related to "Entity Reference" module which was installed prior to installing References module. All those fields were also created prior to installing References module. I cleared cache few times.
On my local I have replicated the same problem and solved it as explained you in #1 comment.
But its not working for you so if possible can you try to remove the module from your modules directory, run cron, then put it back, I guess it will let you disable it.
I decided to get rid of this module by simply rolling back my database prior to installing the References module. Luckily I had a backup and didn't have much content to loose, otherwise I would have tried what you are suggesting. Thanks again.
Drupal is a registered trademark of Dries Buytaert.