I'm using Title module with Entity translation to translate my taxonomy terms.
I have overridden my term page with a view with term id as contextual filter.
In the contextual filter section, I'm overriding the title view page with the contextual filter %1.
I'm validating the contextual filter by checking if it's a term id.

Unfortunately the title page is not translated. In my case term name displayed is always the one in English.

Just to test further, if I'm adding 2 fields term name and term description to my views. The 2 fields are correctly translated, by switching languages.

#13 views-overridden_term_name-1914024-13.patch1.75 KBpeximo
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 1,621 pass(es). View
#11 views-overridden_term_name-1914024-11.patch1.71 KBpeximo
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 1,621 pass(es). View
#1 HasTaxonomyTermId.PNG6.42 KBheyyo


heyyo’s picture

Issue tags: +taxonomy, +views, +title, +entity translation
6.42 KB

Overridden Title
Anyone on this ?
Maybe my issue is no related to Title module, maybe more to Entity Translation or Views ?

It is possible to do that when using regular taxonomy with Internationalization and Internationalization Views module.

plach’s picture

Title: Overriden title not translated on a taxonomy overriden views page » Title-overriden term name not translated on a taxonomy overriden views page
Project: Title » Views
Version: 7.x-1.0-alpha5 » 7.x-3.x-dev

If I'm not mistaken this is a Views issue, the related code is probably not using the proper API to display the term name. See #1651726: Use entity_label instead of term name for term reference exposed filters for a similar issue.

heyyo’s picture

Component: Code » Translations
Merlineus’s picture

@heyyo do you get any progress with this problem?
I encountered the same difficulties.

plach’s picture

Component: Translations » taxonomy data

I think the translations component refers to the UI translations.

heyyo’s picture

Component: taxonomy data » Translations

The only solution I found is to override the views template and override the title there with my term name.

plach’s picture

Component: Translations » taxonomy data
merlinofchaos’s picture

#1651726: Use entity_label instead of term name for term reference exposed filters looks related to this, but is probably not precisely the same issue (though it's fundamentally the same concept, just a different location).

merlinofchaos’s picture

For this issue, the problem is going to be in views/modules/taxonomy/views_handler_argument_taxonomy.inc on line 23. The patch should be trivial.

Merlineus’s picture

@plach, I've seen this thread, but the solution is too complicated for me :(

@merlinofchaos, I think this is not correct place.
I've tryed to comment out "return check_plain($term->name);" string, but tem name stays on it's place:
Term name is displayed in original (Russian) language.

This is view which overrides "/taxonomy/term/%" path:

peximo’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
1.71 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 1,621 pass(es). View

Hi, this should fix the issue. I used this solution in several projects and it should be right.

Merlineus’s picture

@peximo, thank you!
Your patch solves the issue.

peximo’s picture

1.75 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 1,621 pass(es). View

Sorry a little change: added back the check plain.

plach’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

I think it makes sense to add the check_plain() since entity_label() returns a raw value at least when dealing directly with an entity property. Looks good to go to me and we have a confirmation that this works.

dawehner’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

Entity_load here is certainly not an often called operation, so there is no reason to not commit it.

Thanks for writing the patch!

yannickoo’s picture

There is a problem when using taxonomy_term_load and the machine name, created a follow-up issue: #1949178: Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$machine_name in views_plugin_argument_validate_taxonomy_term->validate_argument() (line 1.

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Anonymous’s picture

Issue summary: View changes