Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Disabled modules cause data to be lost or get stale/unmaintained.
- Data of disabled modules cannot be staged.
- References from or to data in disabled modules are broken.
- Remove the concept of disabled modules. Replace its notion with an access layer that affects the UI only.
All installed modules are always enabled.
"Disabling" a module means to disable its user interface aspects only.
- All code of disabled modules remains to be loaded.
- Services of disabled modules remain to be functional.
- Routes, plugins, info hooks, etc. remain to be available.
- Access to all data items that support any notion of access is denied for all users.
hook_modules_disabled()are removed, without replacement.