Follow-up from #1305200: Re-work the default configurations so they may be exported, everything appears to work ok in 1.0-beta2, but seems to have been broken in more recent -dev versions... or I'm just missing something.

Couple things I'm noticing that seem to not work:

* unable to export the metatags settings on the command line: `drush fc` doesnt offer a category for metatags, though through the features UI, there is a category. Perhaps points to incorrect implementation of the API(?)

* using metatag-7.x-1.x-dev and features-7.x-1.0, creating a new feature using features UI to just export all the metatags creates a non-functioning feature, entirely missing the file which should contain a metatags entry for hook_ctools_plugin_api(), I had to create this file and include it into the feature's module file (include_once '';)

* even after creating the feature and fixing it like ^ the feature integration in metatag-7.x-1.x-dev seems to be non-functional: drush fd reports everything is ok, but metatags_ui still reports things as being overridden. If I click "revert" in the UI, it reverts it to the *module* defaults, not my exported settings. If I change to metatags-7.x-1.0-beta2, I'm able to revert the feature properly and the metatags ui reports that everything is in the default state, and the configuration matches my exported code.

* sending my feature, that is finally working correctly on my local environment to the dev/staging server containing 7.x-1.x-dev has no effect... the feature is enabled, but the module is still using the module defaults.

Let me know if you need more information, happy to help troubleshoot this.

#5 metatag-n1880302-5.patch1.22 KBDamienMcKenna
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 21 pass(es). View
#2 metatag-1880302-2.patch1022 bytesolli
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 11 pass(es). View
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


jwilson3’s picture


olli’s picture

Status: Active » Needs review
1022 bytes
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 11 pass(es). View

Hope this helps.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

I took a quick look and confirm that 'features_source' was incorrect, even though the Features module itself has an occurrence of it X-) I'll give Olli's patch a good testing in a day or two.

NaX’s picture

Additional to the patch from olli I also added the following to, and now it works as expected.

 * Implements hook_features_rebuild().
function metatag_features_rebuild($module) {
DamienMcKenna’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major
1.22 KB
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 21 pass(es). View

Updated patch that includes metatag_features_rebuild() per NaX's comment.

infojunkie’s picture

Status: Needs review » Reviewed & tested by the community

#5 works for me.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Status: Reviewed & tested by the community » Fixed

Committed, thanks for your help fixing this.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Now that Metatag v7.x-1.0-beta5 is out am closing this to keep the issue queue clean.

jenlampton’s picture

Version: 7.x-1.x-dev » 7.x-1.4
Status: Closed (fixed) » Active

We're experiencing the same problem with Metatag version 7.x-1.4, but we are using the ctools bulk exporter to generate a custom module (we are not using features). Was the solution above applied to both approaches, or does it only work for features?

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Version: 7.x-1.4 » 7.x-1.x-dev
Component: Code » Features integration
DamienMcKenna’s picture

@jenlampton: The patch would only affect features.

FYI I've just committed #2462117: Add option to disable default configurations which allows the included default configuration to be disabled. The intended workflow is that you'd customize all of the default configurations, disable the included default configurations, and then it'd only use the values you'd created, which should work just fine with Features. Please give it a try and let me know if it helps with these problems. Thanks.

DamienMcKenna’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (fixed)

@jenlampton: Please open a new issue to deal with problem with the the CTools API. Thanks.