Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Demo or default content provides an important leg up for new users. Good examples include the sample content installed on Drupal Gardens and the demo content that ships with Commerce Kickstart.
Work is in new module, openoutreach_migrate.
- Introduce import support using the Migrate module.
- Write demo content with accompanying images for several features (blog, article, section, event).
The demo content serves multiple purposes:
- Provides some documentation and initial pointers.
- Provides initial site content that can be customized.
- Gives an idea of how the site design looks when populated with content.
To support custom installs and also migrations to Open Outreach, the demo content can be replaced with custom CSV files and images. To do so, simply copy the 'import' directory and its content, renaming the directory 'local', and then customize the import files.
User interface changes
New checkbox on install configure form for selecting sample content.
Migrate classes for selected content types can be used for other migration purposes.