Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This page describes the changes between 7.x-1.x and 7.x-2.x branch of Display Suite.
Do not upgrade an existing site from 7.x-1.x to 7.x-2.x. Some functionality has been changed, especially on the template level. Both branches are supported, so stick with the same branch once you have chosen one.
- Menu structure overhauled.
- Layouts now have preview image, including panels.
- Contextual links on by default, only for nodes.
- When selecting a layout, default fields will be pre filled.
- Layout preview vertical tabs will always be primary, fixing the discovery problem for new users.
- All field settings on the manage display screens are now underneath the cogwheel. This makes sure that Field UI with many fields will not crash with maximum input vars, see .
Frontend and developers
- HTML5 support for wrappers (layout, region AND subregion).
- Templates work on forms now as well, with more support for entities by default.
- Hide empty region option is gone. There are now fluid regions.
- Disable sidebars option has moved to extras.
- Hidden region to put fields on the build, but not print them.
- Expert template even more flexible.
- Field configured in UI can be restricted per bundle and view mode.
- DS search is now ready for Apachesolr entity support. Do not enable the Search display when using apachesolr. Only use it when using Drupal core search.
- Template suggestion names incorrect for some Panels layouts, see http://drupal.org/node/1514216
- Themes/modules can now alter entity render arrays before ds layouts are rendered, see http://drupal.org/node/1237626
- Move managing of custom Display Suite fields, view modes and classes into a separate module called 'Display Suite UI'. Once everything is done, you can disable the module. All fields, view modes and classes will still be available.
- Move the Display Suite Code format to a separate module called ds_format
- Added a DS Devel module that prints out the markup of view modes
- Display Suite field permissions
- Flags support
- Views 'delta' fields
- More taxonomy formatters
- Views Displays supports hiding the title (not rewrite)
There is no support anymore for Panels view modes. The code is gone in the 7.x-2.x branch, it will stay in the first branch for people still using it. Use the 7.x-3.x branch of Panelizer if you want to use Panels on view modes.