Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I'm experiencing some pretty weird behavior with PathAuto.
This site is using Drupal 6.25, and Pathauto 6.x-1.6
We're also using the following modules that relate somehow to path generation:
- Global Redirect 6.x-1.4
- Pathologic 6.x-3.4
- Path redirect 6.x-1.0-rc2
Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:
- Create a new page, call it "test"
- Verify the generated URL is in fact mysite.com/test, as expected, and see the new node ID is (for example) 2
- Edit the page "test"
- After saving, the path is now mysite.com/node/2
Looking in the list of aliases and also in the database, I can verify the alias "test" is no longer present. Also, when I turn on the devel module and capture all the SQL statements, I can see where the "test" alias is deleted. However, nowhere in the SQL does it ever re-add the alias back into the aliases table.
I've tried installing the "Pathauto Persistent State" module but that has not helped. I've also tried disabling the redirect module, tweaked the settings for both pathauto and redirect to all possible combinations.
I've built and managed over 100 Drupal 6 sites and this is the first time I've ever seen this problem.