The meta tags I have set seem to work fine for a bit....but then they 'disable' themselves, completely not showing up in code. If I run cron through Drush, they show back up, but not the normal cron of the site. This is an odd issue and I have no clue what could be causing this. My client is a little worried as his main focus right now is SEO.

Anyone encounter this?


valthebald’s picture

Is that a default front page (node)? Anything in error log?

drewbolles’s picture

It seems to be on the path based pages only.

I also misspoke, they 'enable' on a cache clear, which makes sense. I also upgraded to the dev version.

I'm attempting to force the 'disable'. Like I said this is an odd issue and it seems to randomly kick off. I'm trying to find what action makes the tags not become part of the $head variable, and so far I haven't been able to force it.

Could boost interfere with the module? I'm not seeing anything relative in my logs.

valthebald’s picture

Version: 7.x-2.3 » 7.x-2.x-dev

Hm. Maybe boost crawler? If boost crawler renders cached pages differently, this can be the case. Easy check - try to switch crawler.
Can't think of anything else :(

drewbolles’s picture

This is still happening, I've disabled Boost and a few other modules.

Why would this work, and then disable itself? Anytime I clear my cache it works fine. I'll email my client, and 3 hours later he'll email me back saying I'm an idiot b/c the meta tags aren't there.

What would make them do this?

valthebald’s picture

No idea, actually. Need more info

drewbolles’s picture

I don't have much more info.

Unfortunately, I'm operating on a site with quite a number of necessary modules, and 3 or 4 custom ones I wrote myself. I've poured over my code to find something which would cause variable interference or improper indexing or caching of the site, but I haven't found anything. Most of my custom code is simple.

There's nothing in my error log. I get a random array_key() error when clear caching through drush sometimes, but it's intermittent and doesn't seem to cause an error.

At this point, I've stopped using meta quick, and have made my dynamic and view pages panel nodes, or basic pages w/ blocks. Seems to solve the issue immediately. Wish I had the time to do more testing.