Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
After updating to Drupal 7.12, a few views utilizing the taxonomy with depth contextual filter started failing. After digging in a bit, I've tracked the issue to views query/output cache. Disabling views' caching fixes the issue. I then went on to attempt to reproduce the issue in a simplistic form.
With just core 7.12, views and ctools, create a few terms in a hierarchy. The export for my view is attached, however it's pretty simple: just a node field view (title field only) and a taxonomy term ID (with depth) contextual filter which receives its default from the taxonomy term id from url. I created a block display and placed the block.
If you now create a few nodes, you'll notice the view works as expected, however, all it takes to reproduce the issue is to turn on Time-based caching. The view preview continues to work as expected however no results come through to the block.
|#39||views-query_plugin_copy_instead_of_cloning-1430650.patch||612 bytes||Arnaud Meunier|
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 1,603 pass(es). View
|#32||views-has-tax-term-id-w-depth.jpg||389.69 KB||Christian DeLoach|