We are creating an event registration system with limited availability of seats. Hence the use of the Commerce Stock module.
We need to be able to waitlist (backorder) people when the event is sold out in case of cancellations or when we can arrange for additional space.
The features we need are:
- ability to place people on a waiting list (backorder a product)
- ability to add new stock and give priority to those on the waiting list (backordered customers)
- ability to place seats back to inventory upon cancellation; and subsequently give the seat to the backordered customer
- ability to let the customer chose whether or not to go on the waiting list (backorder)
- ability to process a hold payment for backordered customers and fully process the payment upon filling the order
There are probably many more features that would be helpful but these are the ones we need to implement for now.
Is there anything realtyed to Drupal Commerce that has similar functionality. Or, is this something that should be added to Commerce Stock?