When you intend to use FFmpeg to transcode videos, make sure your FFmpeg installation handles all the file formats before installing the module. Linux distributions using precompiled binaries, such as Ubuntu, usually do not provide the best compile options and it is advised to compile FFmpeg yourself.
The following guides will help you to get a good FFmpeg installation:
- Ubuntu: FFmpeg compilation guide
- Ubuntu: guide to enhance your FFmpeg installation using precompiled packages
- Gentoo: make sure to setup the right USE flags before installing
- Windows: Windows packages
Backwards incompatible changes since 6.x-5.3:
Bug fixes since 6.x-5.3:
- #2115577 by Jorrit: Fixed issue on status page when no transcoder is available.
Enhancements since 6.x-5.3:
New features since 6.x-5.3:
Documentation changes since 6.x-5.3:
Other changes since 6.x-5.3: