It's probably not an issue most of the time but I installed this and had no way of changing anything. Then I looked through the permissions page for "php" and saw that I had permissions for everything that was php but it still said I didn't have permission.
Fortunately I'm a developer so a quick look through the code showed it was looking for the permission "Use PHP for settings" and a second search showed that was from a system module called "php filter" that I didn't enable so it was dependent on something that I didn't have enabled. A non-developer might not have such a quick solution.
Alternative ideas for this, in the case you don't want that dependency just to install:
- add your own permission so you are not dependent on the php filter module
- as above but add your own permission to the view section of permissions (since it's purely a view extension anyway.)
- do a check in code for the php filter module and if it doesn't exist where you would normally write "you don't have permission" change it to "you need to enable the "php filter module" with a link to the modules page.