Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module allows you to "lock" files so they cannot be deleted.
File Lock can be used to control two different problems:
- Preventing deliberate deletion of files
- Preventing accidental deletion of files caused by the behaviour of Drupal's core file field
File Lock is particularly useful when used with a media library setup, for example using the Media module.
- "Update options" in file overview (for existing files)
- Lock selected files
- Unlock selected files
- Automatic file lock for new files
- All files
- by filename pattern
- by regular expression
- Selectable by operation:
- all -> all file_save actions
- file_insert -> file create actions (new files)
- file_update -> file update actions (existing files)
- Integration with Actions, allowing un/locking of files using Views Bulk Update/Admin Views
File Lock acts in the background, there is no UI which shows the files that are locked and which aren't. A workaround is use a view in media browser showing the file_usage.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: File Management
- Reported installs: 3,465 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 24,196
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.