This module allows you to "lock" files so they cannot be deleted.
File Lock can be used to control two different problems:
- Preventing deliberate deletion of files
- Preventing accidental deletion of files caused by the behaviour of Drupal's core file field
File Lock is particularly useful when used with a media library setup, for example using the Media module.
- "Update options" in file overview (for existing files)
- Lock selected files
- Unlock selected files
- Automatic file lock for new files
- All files
- by filename pattern
- by regular expression
- Selectable by operation:
- all -> all file_save actions
- file_insert -> file create actions (new files)
- file_update -> file update actions (existing files)
- Integration with Actions, allowing un/locking of files using Views Bulk Update/Admin Views
File Lock acts in the background, there is no UI which shows the files that are locked and which aren't. A workaround is use a view in media browser showing the file_usage.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: File Management
- Reported installs: 2,467 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 23,895
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.