Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
When using [node:menu-link:title] pattern, saving a node generate paths for the old menu link title instead of the new one being saved.
Steps to reproduce this
- create a node with menu link title: 'AAA'
- set path for this node: '/aaa'
- set pathauto pattern for a node type: '[node:menu-link:title]'
- set pathauto action: 'Create a new alias. Delete the old alias.'
- edit the node
- change menu link title 'AAA' -> 'BBB'
- check 'use auto path'
- save node
- the menu-title is now 'BBB' as expected
- but the path is still '/aaa'
- 'use auto path' checkbox is unchecked (because path doesn't match pattern)
- edit the node again
- change menu link title 'BBB' -> 'CCC'
- re-check 'use auto path'
- save node again
- the menu link title is now 'CCC' as expected
- but the path is now '/bbb'
- and 'use auto path' checkbox is unchecked (same reason)
When saving a node, pathauto generates a path based on the menu link title before saving, then the menu link title is updated according to the edit. So I think the problem is the order of execution
if pathauto pattern is set to use the node's title ([node:title] token) rather then menu link title, everything works fine.