The first beta release of Ubercart 2.0 for Drupal 6 has arrived! A this point, we have ported all of the modules we plan on supporting, and made use of most of the API improvements available in Drupal 6.
New and Improved
There aren't too many new features, but that's not what we've been concentrating on for this version. Instead, we've been working hard on making the code better, faster, stronger...or something like that.
- Conditional Actions: A Rules-like system that we needed to write because Rules wasn't finished by the time we needed it. It handles taxes, shipping quotes, and a host of other tasks that Workflow-ng did in Ubercart 1.
- Email notifications are now configurable as Conditional Actions. The email body is a setting for the action, and integrated with Token.
- Google Checkout is included as a core payment gateway.
- Implemented product fields as CCK extra fields so they can be reordered or hidden on the same form.
- Use SimpleXML for 3rd party shipping quote integration, reducing the amount of code loaded.
It's still a beta release, so there are still some things to take care of:
- Workflow-ng configurations won't be automatically converted to Conditional Actions predicates.
Last updated: December 24, 2010 - 23:58
Official release from tag: