Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The Beta 9 release contains several bug fixes as well as new features. Among the new features are read-only indexes, a "More like this" feature, support for spellchecking, a stopwords processor and better integration of excerpts.
(Note: The Search API currently has only little access control functionality built in. Users should take care that only appropriate items and fields are indexed, and displayed to the user. See #955088: Provide (additional) access functionality.)
The complete list of changes since Beta 8:
- #1089758 by becw, drunken monkey: Updated Views field handlers to utilize new features.
- #1150260 by drunken monkey: Added a way to let processors and data alterations decide on which indexes they can run.
- #1138992 by becw, drunken monkey: Added read-only indexes.
- #1179990 by j0rd: Fixed facet blocks don't correctly respect the "unlimited" setting.
- #1138650 by klausi, Amitaibu, drunken monkey: Fixed PHP strict warnings.
- #1111852 by miiimooo, drunken monkey: Added a 'More like this' feature.
- #1171360 by jbguerraz, drunken monkey: Added possibility to restrict the options to display in an exposed options filter.
- #1161676 by awolfey, drunken monkey: Added Stopwords processor.
- #1166514 by drunken monkey: Fixed parseKeys() to handle incomplete quoting.
- #1161966 by JoeMcGuire: Added Search API Spellcheck support for Pages.
- #1118416 by drunken monkey: Added option to index entities instantly after they are saved.
- #1153298 by JoeMcGuire, drunken monkey: Added option getter and setter to Views query handler.
- #1147466 by awolfey: Added excerpt Views field.
- #1152432 by morningtime: Fixed strict warnings in render() functions.
- #1144400 by drunken monkey: Fixed use of entity_exportable_schema_fields() in hook_schema().
- #1141206 by drunken monkey: Fixed "quantity" variable for Search page pager.
- #1117074 by drunken monkey: Fixed handling of overlong tokens by DB backend.
- #1124548 by drunken monkey: Fixed syntax error in search_api.admin.inc.
- #1134296 by klausi: Fixed check for NULL in SearchApiDbService->convert().
- #1123604 by drunken monkey, fago: Added generalized "aggregation" data alteration.
- #1129226 by drunken monkey: Fixed incorrect handling of facets deactivated for some search IDs.
- #1086492 by drunken monkey: Fixed inadequate warnings when using the "Facets block" display with wrong base table.
- #1109308 by drunken monkey: Added option to choose between display of field or facet name in "Current search" block.
- #1120850 by drunken monkey, fangel: Fixed type of related entities in nested lists.