Major changes since 7.x-2.0-rc4:
- Contains Drupal 7.18 and latest contrib modules (Inline Entity Form 1.0 and others)
- Created the Commerce Message contrib module.
- Updated demo content for blog posts.
- Removed blog and merchandising demo content from Kickstart installations without the demo store.
- Add to cart confirmation is now optimized for other themes, RTL.
- Many small improvements
- Commerce Backoffice now has its own project on drupal.org
Includes a newly created "Commerce Backoffice Content" submodule containing rebuilt Content and Comments views that match the look & feel of the Product and Order views, fixing many of the problems the previous views had.
Also includes a new product types UI that tries to address the usability problems of the one shipped with Commerce, and includes the ability to automatically create a matching content type (with a configured product reference field using Inline Entity Form). See #1676878: Rework Product & Content types for screenshots.
- Commerce add to cart confirmation now has its own project on drupal.org.
Since it has been separated from the product features, this also means that it can be disabled if it's not wanted.
- Created and promoted the Commerce Search API module. Allows Kickstart to automatically create and maintain a search index and facets based on the present content & product types.
- The taxonomy view (Collections / Product categories) has been replaced by a new Search API powered view, which can now contain facets.
Big code cleanup in preparation for a release candidate.
Faceted search now available on installations without the demo store.
Added support for country-specific services (such as payment providers).
The demo store theme is now a subtheme of omega_kickstart.
Expanded help with many new videos.
This is the last Kickstart v2 alpha release.
Now containing the first version of the installation without demo store content (with a custom theme still to be added), the beginnings of a new "Getting Started" screen, as well as many other fixes and improvements.
This release fixes a critical issue on the module administration page. A subtle bug in core intersected with changes we have introduced in 1.5 to make the update information more useful for the distribution.
If you had issues with 1.5
If you had installed 1.5, it's possible that you inadvertently disabled all the modules directly required by Commerce Kickstart. To quickly re-enable them, follow this short procedure: