The program organizing committee often needs to send targeted email to the presenters of sessions, even those sessions not accepted for the program. It would be great to have a way to easily allow organizers to filter and send these messages to presenters.
We used the http://drupal.org/project/views_send module to achieve this in a past conference, which worked pretty well.
One issue was that it was difficult to not send duplicate emails to presenters for the multiple sessions they may have submitted. Maybe it was just a matter of setting up the views correctly? Here are the types of communications necessary from the organizing committee viewpoint.
- Send email to each presenter of a session to confirm a session was accepted.
- A presenter with multiple sessions accepted should get a confirmation email about each session accepted.
- General communications to each presenter of a session as conference approaches.
- Send email to each presenter of a session that was not accepted.
- Presenters with multiple sessions deferred should get a message about each session not accepted.